Timeline and Deliverables
The competition occurs over three rounds. During each round of the competition, entrant teams present the social, financial, and environmental values of their business, gaining valuable feedback from and exposure to some of the greatest minds in social innovation.
Please note that deadlines and deliverables vary by region, so please contact the GSVC partner for your region if you have any questions or request further details.
Round One - Application Deadline: December 5, 2016
- Executive summary (3 pages)
- Summary of 10+ stakeholder interviews
- Team resumes/bios
- Social venture overview
- Value proposition (Problem and Solution)
- Social Impact
- Competitive advantage
- Revenue model
- Go-to-market strategy
- Track record and next steps
- Financial model and 5-year projections
Stakeholder InterviewsUnderstand the opportunity and test your concept by interviewing at least 10 existing or potential stakeholders, including customers, partners, and industry experts. Download the Stakeholder Interviews Template
Team Resumes / BiosFor each member, list his/her current role and provide a brief bio that highlights relevant experience, skills, and expertise. Download the Team Bio Template Deliverables should be grouped together in Adobe PDF file format (preferred) or Microsoft Word compatible text documents with the following file name: “TeamName_GSVC2017_Round1.” The team name should appear on each page of each deliverable. *NOTE: Some regions may require teams to submit additional items such as a business plan. Please check with your GSVC representative for requirements. Click here to apply.
Regional Semifinals - February/March 2017
- Executive summary (5 pages)
- Summary of 30+ stakeholder interviews (cumulative, including the initial 10 interviews; 1-3 pages)
- Team bios (see template below)
- Pitch deck (10 slides + optional appendix; see template below)
- Pitch video (<2 minutes)
Pitch DeckSubmit a presentation deck that contains 10 slides covering the topics listed below. In addition, your deck may include up to 5 optional appendix slides.
- Competitive Advantage
- Go-to-Market Strategy
- Social Impact
- Financial Impact
- Next Steps
Pitch VideoUpload to YouTube, Vimeo, or another website a short video (less than 2 minutes) that brings your venture to life. This is a key opportunity for your team to tell your story, share your vision and explain how your venture works. This should not be a “marketing video” that only presents your product or service. Instead, we want to hear from all the members of your team and learn in your own words why you’re doing what you’re doing as well as your current and hoped-for impact. Note: If you already have a marketing video that overviews the product or service (also less than 2 mins), you may include a link in your submission; however, this is purely optional and the judging of this deliverable will only consider the team’s pitch video and will not take into account the marketing video.
Formatting Requirements for Deliverables:
- Executive Summary, Stakeholder Interview Summary, Team Bios & link to Video on YouTube or Vimeo should be grouped together in Adobe PDF file format (preferred) or Microsoft Word compatible text documents with the following file name: “TeamName_GSVC2017_Regional”.
- Submit deliverable 4, the pitch, as a separate document (PowerPoint preferred). Include team name in the file path for each document.
- The team name should appear on each page of each deliverable.
- Text pages should be single-spaced with 11-point font minimum and 0.75 inch margins.
- Pitch should use 14-point font minimum.